Thursday 3 October 2013

CODICOTE V BEDFORD - WHO WOULD BE A REFEREE?

CODICOTE V BEDFORD
Spartan South Midlands League
Division One Cup
Tuesday 1st October 2013

I was going to write a big article on this match after hearing some of the comments aimed at the referee by people on the away Bench on Tuesday night but I'll let the video tell the story along with a small mention on, in my opinion, the most unbelievable comment I've ever heard at a football match.

It came in extra time when the referee sent a Bedford player off for using foul and abusive language. I heard the referee explain to him quite clearly "you told my colleague (the assistant referee) to F OFF so it's a straight red for foul and abusive language". As the red card was brandished a voice from the away dug out bellowed "REFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THAT'S F***ING APPALLING!!!" I really couldn't believe my ears.

I'll say no more apart from the fact many managers, coaches and players need to read up on the FA's respect campaign and concentrate more on our beautiful game rather than barracking the man or lady in the middle or running the line. 


The game ended 1-1 after extra time. Codicote took an early lead with Bedford equalising in the second half. A draw was a fair result. It went down to penalty kicks which are at the end of the video below.

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS are below


1 comment:

  1. Hear Hear Mr Cold End. Not enough respect generally in Football, and there is no reason why Officials at any level should have to put up with the sort of stuff that would get you instantly dismissed in civilised working environments. Play up and pay the game.

    ReplyDelete